Phases 1&2 of USSA Alpine Training System
Established abilities to link turns & ride the lift
9:30a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Saturdays only
9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Saturdays & Sundays
Coaches: Pat Begley and Shane Galles
January 6 - March 31, 2018
Price: $500 (Saturdays Only)
$750 (Saturdays and Sundays)
The Buddy Werner program is designed for skiers aged 5 to 12 years who want to develop ski-skills in a fun, kid-oriented program designed to give children an exposure to alpine ski racing. Participants meet in small groups with trained coaches on Saturdays, January 6 through March 31. Skiers are instructed in thebasics of mountain safety, racing, and team participation with an emphasis on learning slalom, giant slalom, and SkillsQuest under close supervision by experienced coaches.
We invite all Buddy Werner athletes to compete in the three part Casper City Challenge races. This is a fun interclub competition hosted every year. These races will end on March 31, 2018 with the Kidd Kupp.
February 24, 2018 - City Challenge Part 1; March 24, 2018 - City Challenge Part 2; March 31, 2018 - Kidd Kupp
Accomplished and independent BW racers may attend CMR Christmas camp and/or an away race hosted at Terry Peak Ski Area in Deadwood South Dakota for an additional fee (destination could be subject to
Program fee includes:
- Access to Buddy Werner Team Room for equipment storage
- Registration fees to all home CMR hosted races
- Lodge mom check in/out.
- Sessions are 9:30-2:30 every Saturday beginning January 6 and ending on March 31
- Sunday training (2 day Buddy Werner) requires an additional fee and minimum of 10 athletes (TBD)
- Attend one out-of- town race (TBD)
There will be a check-in and check-out procedure each day for these athletes. This will be clarified in the Buddy Werner start-of- the-season meeting.
Athletes are required to have/do:
- Completed the necessary training and skills from previous program with coach approval
- Obtain the proper equipment needed to be safe and successful.
- When traveling, parents are responsible for athlete’s expenses
- When traveling, parents are responsible for coaching expenses as a group
- Hogadon Basin lift pass
- Parent Service Hours for 1 day Buddy Werner: 8 hours plus 4 hours for each additional child*
- Parent Service Hours for 2 day Buddy Werner: 12 hours plus 4 hours for each additional child*
For more information please contact Pat Begley, Head Coach