The Alpine Ski Team
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Van: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Coaches: Pat Begley, Kody Luckow, Dennis Crawford, Dale Canepa, Ken Lacko
Dates: December 22, 2018 – April 7, 2019 (snow conditions permitting)
The Alpine Ski Team is geared toward building your athletes racing skills while nurturing their love for the sport of skiing. Our coaches utilize the proven USSA Skillsquest program to complement fundamental drill work, gate training, race simulation, and guided free skiing. We strive to create a safe and fun learning environment at Hogadon Basin Ski Area. Athletes in these programs will learn teamwork, sportsmanship, and goal setting in a supportive family atmosphere.
The USSA Alpine Training System (ATS) outlines the long-term development of a ski racer from their introduction to the sport through the pinnacle of their racing career. The USSA Alpine Training System is designed to inspire focused training to refine technical and tactical racing skills specific to each athlete. The ATS follows an age appropriate training plan to ensure our athletes are equipped with the tools they need to reach their goals.
The Alpine Ski Team is a developmental training program containing the framework to continue into collegiate racing (NCAA and USCSA) or the US Ski Team and the Olympics. The coaches will use their skills and knowledge to observe, access, and make recommendations for travel based upon the athlete’s skill level.
Complimenting our on-hill training, we are proud to have an elite strength and conditioning program. Our Fall Dryland program consists of 90-minute sessions. It is based on the USSA Conditioning assessment. The Conditioning assessment is developed by the USSA Sports Science department and is designed to give athletes target performance goals that will allow them to ski at their full potential.
Program fee include:
- Fall Dryland (Start October 15, 2018)
- Christmas training camp (10 days on snow-if snow conditions permit)
- Saturday & Sunday training (24+ days on snow)
- Weeknight Training - TBD (not guaranteed, staff availibility, budget availability, and weather permitting, as well as, the need will be determining factors)
- Team room access for gear storage
- Tuning Access
- Van transportation upon availability
Traveling athletes are required to have or do…
- Completed the training and skills to advance to this level with coach approval.
- Purchase the necessary USSA license
- Travel race fees and USSA license are not included in program fee
- Purchase equipment needed to be safe and successful.
- Pay for the athlete’s registration fees, travel expenses, lift tickets, meals, and boarding
- Team jacket while getting a discounted price
- Parent Service Hours 16 hours (includes one child) plus 4 hour for each additional child*